Thing Little Goodall Loves: GUEST POST
I could not be any more for this love list from Molly Goodall, the artist, designer, seamstress and wonder woman behind Little Goodall. Molly has a meticulous eye for detail and is an absolute joy to work with. She thinks of everything and nothing is overlooked so I knew her Love List would be perfect and of course, it is!
Molly Goodall’s Love List:
1. Dresses, always - one garment and you're done, why mess with anything else?
2. Vintage dressmaking manuals
3. The coconut layer cake at the Mermaid Bar at Neiman Marcus at Northpark
4. Tot rollers - so much faster and easier for me than a curling iron
5. Steely Dan
6. Train travel - Orient Express or Tweetsie Railroad, give me all the train trips
7. Dallas - the city, not the show
8. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
9. Libraries, I visit them everywhere
10. York Peppermint Patties
11. My hometown, Durham NC - absence makes the heart grow fonder
12. M.Sasek children's books
13. city parks
14. NC residential designer Carter Skinner's homes - they are stunning
15. Angela Thirkell novels
16. Watercolors & gouache - if I wasn't a designer I'd still be a painter
17. Wes Anderson (he's from Texas!) films but only the ones with people in them and also the unaffiliated but fascinating @accidentallywesanderson Instagram account
18. Straw hats by Hood London - really any of their hats, but so into the straws right now
19. 1990's New York City
20. Picnics, I'll take a picnic over a restaurant anyday
Molly, I will have a picnic with you any day but only if we both are wearing straw hats by hood. They are incredible and I want one of each!
Everyone, be sure to check out my collection with Molly & her company Little Goodall.